Some old relics can be found at different sites in the village Council indicating that the area had remained under the influence of Buddhism and Hindu Shahi Dynasty.
Sheratraf village of the Village council is thought to be the oldest settled villages in the area as the current families living in the village were settled in the area some 700 years ago, according to the locals.
Marghazar and Gul Bandai villages started to develop after the Miangul Abdul Wadood (Bacha Sahib, the first ruler of Swat State) came into power in the beginning of 20th century. Bacha Sahib took the possession of the land from Pukhtuns and Akhund khail families in his time of rule and gave it in control of people as tenants. Most of the families are living in the area since then.
White Palace was built in the Marghazar area in 1940 by Bacha which was the summer residence of royal family and now turned into hotel. Thousands of visitors visit the area every year to enjoy the serenity of it and the whole valley.
The area has remained of significant importance in the Swat State era, as many of the people remained in State service on good position at that time. Proximity with capital city Saidu Sharif was also one of the reasons to have influence in the State affairs.